Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9: Container Garden Part 4: Seeds and Containers

Last week, upon returning home from the coffee shop, I found this envelope taped to our door. It was running hyacinth seeds from my neighbor, the same one who left the Red Sox button there, if you remember that funny story.

I decided I needed to add the seeds to my container garden, but I had used every extra container I could think of to plant the previous installments of the container garden, flowers, herbs, greens. After thinking about it for a little and digging through my craft closet, I decided to use some cans that previously held beans and chick peas.

I yarn wrapped a few of the cans and covered a few in fabric. For the fabric cans, I simply cut a piece of fabric, using pinking shears, glued the one end to the can with hot glue, wrapped the fabric around the can, and glued the other end with hot glue as well.


This is my first seed planting experience in a while, fingers crossed it goes well, and I can show off pictures of these beauties later in the summer, perhaps even with a humming bird at them.


No comments:

Post a Comment