Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25: Cell Phone Case Change

You may (but probably won't since it was in Jan.) remember the post on my Cell Phone Case. It went from Christmas wrapping paper to a fabric scrap that matched my wallet.
Here is a little reminder:

Today I decided it was time for a change up again. In July I will be traveling to Port-au-Prince, Haiti with a group of people from our church to support Child Hope. Part of the work Child Hope does in Haiti is run an orphanage, Maison de Lumiere. (To learn more, check out Child Hope's website.) So, I decided to use a picture from Child Hope's website for my new phone case insert. 

I hope that seeing this picture will remind me to regularly pray for the upcoming trip as well as the children and staff of the orphanage. I am most often a last minute planner, (want to have a cookout tomorrow, sure, why would I already have plans for tomorrow, it is only today?) and therefore I often find myself "forgetting" about the trip. This will be a tangible way to help my looking ahead memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment