Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13: Printed Images on Book Pages



I decided it was time to take the heart garland off the front door. While I put the hearts up for Valentine's Day (I know, a long time ago), the hearts were in different pastel colors, so I decided it was springy and okay to leave it up for a while longer.

However, I am ready to look at something new as I come home and my neighbors probably are too.

Of course the Red Sox button still hangs from the door knocker. Funny story about that, I thought J had put it there, so I took it down and told him I didn't like it there. His response was, what are you talking about? We then figured out that our neighbor, also a huge Red Sox fan, must have put it there. I felt bad for taking it down, rehung it, and now it will hang there until the end of the season. Back to the printed images on the book pages.


Luckily, I have the insides of a few books leftover from my behind the books secret storage. So, I used the pages from one of them.

I found this simple explanation of how to make sure the image is lined up properly on the book page, http://bywilma.com/2012/03/02/diy-how-to-print-on-bookpages/.

I found lots of cool images on a website called the Graphics Fairy. There is lots, I mean lots, of images here. You should check it out.

Then all I had to do was convince my printer to let me print in black in white even though my color cartridge was empty (this was the most difficult part of the process). Once over that hurdle, I printed the images and sewed them together with a zig-zag stitch across the top edge to create a little banner for the front door. Here are a few close ups.





No comments:

Post a Comment