Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29: Herb Identifiers




After some rain last week and a lovely, sunny (although a little hot, but I won't complain, but I guess I kind of am complaining, oh well) weekend, the balcony plants are growing (except for the lettuce, the cabbage worms and aphids have already got most of them). We have already enjoyed the herbs in several dinner dishes. I do know what is what with the herbs, but still I have been meaning to put identifiers by them just for fun. Today I did just that, taking inspiration from two ideas I have seen floating around the web and Pinterest, wine cork plant identifiers and stick identifiers. Both were super simple to make. Here are a few pictures and my tips.

Supplies: corks, wooden  skewers, sticks, peeler, Sharpie

Using peeler, shave a flat part at top of stick

Write plant names with Sharpie

Write plant name on cork with Sharpie,
press wooden skewer into cork
(pushing skewer into the hole from cork screw made it easier)



No comments:

Post a Comment