Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7: Container Garden Part 3: Greens

I finally got around to planting the last of my container garden. I have always liked planting veggies we can eat, and in the past have grown tomatoes, broccoli, green pepper, summer squash, and beans. Due to our limited space and sun, this year I went with just greens (and herbs, and flowers), romaine lettuce, red lettuce, and swiss chard.

I have been on the look out at Good Will/Dollar Store/ side of the road for some containers big/deep enough for these guys, but I didn't find much. Finally I gave up and bought two long window box type planters at Home Depot.

I did however snag this red dishpan tub at Good Will right before I went to Home Depot, so that saved me a little. The swiss chard is quite happy making the dishpan their new home.


Now, grow babies, grow because I can't wait to eat you.

No comments:

Post a Comment