Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12: Coconut Almond Frozen Chai...with a Kick

Yesterday evening, J was doing work while I was spending "valuable" time on Pinterest and getting ready to start a new embroidery project. I decided I "needed" a treat.

At first I was going to make cookies, but I always eat too many and didn't want to have to do all the dishes.

I decided to make up a treat using my favorite machine, the Vitamix (or any blender). My inspiration came from this Banana Chai Smoothie. I remembered the smoothie being very bananay and very strong in the spices. So, I changed up the recipe a little, using less of those ingredients, adding almonds and coconut, and per J's suggestion, rum.

Here is, to the best of my remembrance, what went into it. As usual, I did not measure, and this time I did pretty much just dumped ingredients in the blender. Sorry, I know that is not much help.

Coconut Almond Frozen Chai...with a Kick
banana (1 large)
plain yougut (a few spoonfuls)
some milk (probably between 1/2 - 1 cup)
ice cubes (8ish)
chai spice mix (about a teaspoon)
coconut (about a tablespoon)
almonds (small handful)
agave (a good size drizzle)
Meyer's Dark Rum (a shot)

Put it all in the blender and let the blender do its job.
It was pretty yummy; I would drink it again.
Here is how we each enjoyed the treat.





No comments:

Post a Comment