Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5: Graduation Garlands

One of my favorite people is graduating with her Master's Degree in just a few weekends. To celebrate, I made these garlands by printing images on book pages.





The first one is images, a diploma, a graduation cap, books, a laptop, people (she majored in social work), and the logos of the schools she attended. I hung it up to try and get a good picture, but the ceiling fan and the sunlight from the windows did not help my cause.




The second and third garlands spell out congrats and her name. These I did on half a book page. I gave up on hanging them for now and took the picture on the rug.


Once I printed the images or letters on the book pages, I stitched them together using my sewing machine and a zigzag stitch across the top the pages, leaving just a little space between them. I left long string of thread on the ends to help with hanging.




I think these will be a fun festive touch for her celebration weekend. Congrats Christa!

No comments:

Post a Comment