Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jan. 24: Yarn Wrapped Cans

Simple, quick, useful, and cost me nothing; that is my kind of project.


In an effort to bring a little organization to the mess called our guest bedroom (which is a fairly inaccurate name for the room considering I have mostly taken it over as a craft room) I have been looking for some easy, small storage ideas for my crafting materials. I am running out of jars to put things in but had a bunch of cans. They were run through the dishwasher and the labels came off nicely but were still not very nice to look at. However, with some yarn and jute and a little hot glue they went from ugly used cans to colorful storage containers.
        



Like I said, this was a simple project. To start wrapping, attach the end of yarn towards bottom of can with a little hot glue. Start wrapping yarn around can, keeping layers close together but not overlapping. Here and there secure with a little hot glue. To switch yarn colors just hot glue end of one color and then start with next color by hot gluing where other color ended. Wrap until you get to the top of the can and secure the end with hot glue.


The cans fit right in with the jars and mugs holding craft supplies lined up on the window sill. I am debating a shelf but this is working for now; I am sure there will be more projects for organizing this room soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment