Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8: Red Wine and Cheese Bread

I know, it sounds interesting doesn't it? That is why I had to try this recipe from my favorite bread book, Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I had the wine and had the cheese, so why not, I thought. As the book says,  "The flavors of red wine and cheese make such a natural combination, and they're often served with a nice crust bread. So, why not put them both in the bread?"

The basic premise is, use red wine as a substitute for half the water in your dough and add some shredded cheddar cheese to the dough as well.

The dough and the baked bread have a purplish red tint to them; that is fun. And, it turned out taste pretty yummy. We enjoyed it with broccoli and cheese soup from the crock-pot.

By the time I remembered to take a pic, this is all that was left.


No comments:

Post a Comment