Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17: Wrappy Apron Skirt - Take 2


A few months back I followed this good tutorial from Sew a Straight Line to make my own wrappy apron skirt. I like it a lot and have worn it on several occasions, including while hosting Easter dinner and to a charity ball.
This afternoon I decided to put the need-to-do list aside and make myself another wrappy skirt. 

I wanted this one to be a little more lightweight and longer. So, I used fabric from an sheet and a duvet cover, purchased at Good Will, and added 3 inches to the length of the skirt. 

I also made sure to make the waist opening big enough to fit over my hips (on the first on I simply left the waist opening my waist measurement and so, it does not fit over my hips, has to come over the head.) 

Lastly, I made the waist ties, extra, extra long so I can wrap them twice around. 


I had a goal to finish in 2 hours, it took me 2 1/2, not too bad I guess. This one is very colorful and summery; it will be great for around the house as the weather keeps getting warmer. 

1 comment: