Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26: Driftwood Mobile

Today is a rainy Thursday; that coupled with staying out to watch the Bruins lose and an early morning coffee shift meant my afternoon was mostly a long nap. But, Saturday was sunny and warm; we enjoyed it by taking a long drive and exploring a new beach. A picnic on the beach and looking for treasures in the sand made for a wonderful day.

I made a mobile, mostly out of driftwood, for on the balcony. I know you are wondering, when will the balcony projects end? Well, not yet; that's all I can say.

In my last beach mobile I used my Dremel to drill holes in the pieces. I was too lazy to get out the Dremel this time. I used a nail and hammer to make holes in the driftwood, the shells and sea glass I used conveniently had holes in them, and I wire wrapped a beach stone. I also used some natural looking beads, and held it all together with brown thread. 


I like the way it twirls in the wind; sometimes the top part spins one way while the bottom branch grouping spins the other way.








No comments:

Post a Comment