Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3: Easter Postcards

I have been planning on sending family and friends some Easter greetings; today I decided I better get them finished and in the mail if they are to arrive this week.

I like sending postcards for a couple of reasons, it is so much fun to receive mail,  they don't take a lot of paper, the greeting is received instantly, and the cost is a little cheaper.

I have learned that a simple design on the postcard is best. If you have layers of paper, they can come off in the process of mailing. Then one friend gets a postcard with no picture. Trust me, it has happened.

I decided to make my own "stamp" out of a styrofoam tray. I got the idea here, http://themetapicture.com/fun-with-foam/. It was easy and worked well. I like the non-perfect look of it.

You will need a styrofoam tray and sharp pencil.
Cut the edges off the tray and use the pencil to draw your design,
making sure to press into the styrofoam.

Finished "stamp" ready to be inked.
I just used a stamp pad, you could also use paint.


A few practice prints.
I found it worked best to but the paper on top of the "stamp"
and then press/rub the paper with fingers. 

Added a message with stamps and a little color
around the edges with an orange stamp pad.

Half the back is for a message and half for the recipients address

I am off to the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment