Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2: Easter Garden


This little garden is a reminder of Christ's sacrifice on the cross and his miraculous resurrection. Each time I see it I am reminded of God's amazing love for me. 

I have seen several examples of similar Easter gardens, also called resurrection gardens, on Pinterst and blogs. They can be made with many different types of materials. 

It was a special treat to be able to make the garden with my mom. We used small planters and trays from the shed, dirt from the neighbors dirt pile (we didn't think they would mind), plants, sticks, and rocks we found in the yard, flexible wire we found in the basement, and gravel from my dad's fish tank. Below are some pictures of the process.

Place the small planter on the tray and add dirt
Add small plants, or moss, or grass
A few flowers add color
Searching for the perfect rock
Place rock to the side of tomb
Collecting sticks
Gravel, wire, twine, sticks for finishing touches
Making crosses
Gravel and crosses added
  

No comments:

Post a Comment