Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 20: Driftwood, Sea Glass, and Beach Stones Mobile

The sunny, blue skies beckoned me outside for a walk this afternoon. While wandering the streets of Eastport and pausing down by the water, I collected a handful of treasures and a few pieces of driftwood.

I immediately had the idea to make a mobile out of my findings and spent the afternoon (between loads of laundry) piecing it together.

To start, I used my Dremel to drill holes in the larger pieces of sea glass and beach stone and wrapped the smaller pieces in silver wire.

I attached the pieces together using twine and brown thread, balancing and re-balancing as I added.

It hangs nicely from an empty hook on the living room rafters, a welcome reminder of our love of the water and the beauty of our new hometown.


Treasures from afternoon walk.
Drilling a hole in larger pieces of glass and stones.
Pieces with holes drilled.
Sadly I broke this drill bit and piece of glass and gave the table a good scratch.
Wire wrapped smaller pieces.
Putting pieces together is quite a balancing act.
My favorite little section.
Completed mobile.





No comments:

Post a Comment