Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20: Button Earrings



After an early shift at the coffee shop this morning and several loads of laundry to get through, I am feeling unmotivated in the crafty department. I do plan on starting to cut some fabric for a garland project I am planning for the balcony, but that can happen while I sit on my sunny lounge chair enjoying the flowers I planted yesterday. And, I have no intentions of finishing it today, so we will come back to that another day. For now, I will share a quick project ending in a cute pair of dangling, button earrings.

The possibilities are endless, one button, two buttons, three buttons (or more), buttons of all one color, buttons of different colors, big buttons, small button, any buttons you want.






Materials:
- you guessed it, BUTTONS!
- earring hoops (can purchase at craft store or jewelry supply store, there are usually several sizes to choose from)

Steps:
1. choose your buttons; you probably want the two earrings to match so you will need two of each button choice
2. place buttons on the earring hoops
3. using a needle nose pliers bend a small portion of the end of the earring hoop up, to catch the loop that is already on the other end.
That's it, you are ready to wear your new earrings.



No comments:

Post a Comment