Sunday, January 8, 2012

Jan. 8: Christmas Card Journal

Today was the day the Christmas decorations came down at our house. Each year I love displaying all the Christmas cards we receive, and this year our metal door with some handmade scrabble, button, and beer cap magnets showed them off beautifully.

FROM TO

But, each year I am torn as I put the Christmas cards in the recycling or trash bin. My solution, the Christmas Card Journal. With a cardboard cracker box, some left over wrapping paper and ribbon, a piece of red card stock, and glue I created a simple journal covers. Then I hole punched the covers and all the lovely the Christmas cards. I also made a 2011 divider page with a few notes about where and with whom we celebrated holidays this year. Lastly I used three binder clips to hold it all together.

                                             



I packed the journal safely away in the Christmas decorations box. I am already thinking about December when the box will come out of the basement again, and I will re-discover the Christmas Card Journal, re-look at the memories contained in the cards from 2011, and look forward to adding 2012's Christmas Cards to the journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment