Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jan. 17: Framed Love Notes

Before today, one wall of our bedroom still had nothing hung on it. J has been traveling with work this week, and one project I have been wanting to get done while he is away is organizing our bedroom. Seven dollars spent at the Dollar Store this afternoon helped the cause. Four of those dollars I spent on containers/baskets for organizing the tops of the dressers and night stands. Three of those dollars I spent on some frames, with the hopes of changing that blank wall.

When packing up a closet in our old apartment, I came across a shoe box of notes J had written to me while we were dating. I also found a box of notes from me to him. I remembered packing this into a storage box when we moved, so I ventured into our storage unit this evening to find them. After I spent about an hour reading over the old notes, I picked out a few to put in frames and hang on that empty wall.

 

Turns out I should have bought a few more frames while at the Dollar Store. I could not pick just three letters. Luckily the storage unit also had a box of old frames, although they are black and not quite a good match.



While in the frame box I found two pictures from our honeymoon. I had glued shells we found on the beach to the frames. I decided to add these pictures to the wall.    


One last thing completed the wall. My sister had pinned this link for a dry erase message board made from a frame, http://thestewartestate.blogspot.com/2011/12/love-message-board-tutorial.html, and, I had pinned this link for an embroidered notebook page love note, http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2011/02/love-letters-week-ps-i-love-you-by.html. I thought they were both cute ideas, so I combined the ideas, freehand drawing lines like notebook paper and writing a small message in pen on a piece of white card-stock. Now that the paper is in the frame, we can write notes on the glass with a dry erase marker (note to self, by dry erase marker).

No comments:

Post a Comment