Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jan. 11: Crochet Cowl

Winter and cold weather make me want to knit. Seeing people out and about snuggled in warm looking knit accessories always makes me want to go home and knit something myself.


Then I remember I don't know how to knit (I tried to learn once, it didn't go that well, it is still on my list of things to do). So, I go back to good old crocheting and get my warm snugly things that way (or order them off Etsy, knit by someone else). Don't get me wrong, I love crocheting. I have many scarfs and a few cowls I crocheted that I love. But today is another story.

     
I decided to make up my own crocheted cowl. I wanted something that was close to the neck but that easily fit over my head for taking on and off. The result meets those requirements but something about it doesn't quite please me, oh, its ugly when I wear it.


Well that's my opinion anyway. It is a little too ruffly or bumpy or something for me. At least it will keep me warm around the house if no where else. If you are interested in making your own ugly cowl, here is how. I used some old yarn from my stash and a 10mm hook. Crochet in a circle, about 35 stitches round (I am sure I added and lost some stitches at several places), three rows single crochet, three rows triple crochet, repeat that pattern three times and end with three rows single crochet. At least it was easy and quick and kept my hands busy for a few TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment