Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jan 19: Learning to Knit

Hopefully this evening a wish of mine will come true: learning to knit. I have tried once or twice with no real success. However, this time I am truly interested in learning. I was telling a co-worker at Coffee Shop #1 last week about my hope to one day knit; she offered to teach me during the slow times of our next shift together. I warned her about my past failures, but she still agreed to give teaching me a try.

So, I dug through my stash of yarn for, well, yarn and long forgotten knitting needles and packed them along my mug and apron for my shift this evening.



I'll post the outcome (hopefully there will be something to show).


Update: Failure! My "teacher" switched shifts with someone who sadly did not know how to knit (I did ask her just to make sure). So my quest to learn to knit continues. I guess all those lattes and mochas will have to count as my creativity for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment