Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jan. 18: Jelly Jar Soap Dispenser

A few weeks ago I was visiting a friend and noticed at her sink a soap dispenser made out of a repurposed glass jar. I asked her if she made it, she said she had and told me a little about how. Well a few days later, a search on pintrest brought me to this tutorial on making a soap dispenser out of a canning jar, http://theblissfullycontentlife.blogspot.com/2010/08/homemade-christmas-canning-jar-soap.html. While the canning jar seemed like too large of a soap dispenser for my bathroom sink, an empty jelly jar with a pretty lid seemed like just the right size.


I used the jelly jar and a pump (I had to cut it down a little) from a bottle of soap I got at the Dollar Store. I followed the nail and pliers method described in the tutorial and hot glue to hold the pump in place.



This project only took me about 20 minutes, much less time than I thought and turned out nicely. I see more of these in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment