Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1: Shell Mosaics

All week I have been busily working on a project that I hope will be complete and posted tomorrow; sorry I have neglected blogging since Tuesday. I have been working mornings and, after a little nap for energy, working on that project. So, today I wanted to share one of my favorite projects, shell mosaics. They were super simple to make, always get complements from visitors, and remind me of Massachusetts beaches. 

Materials: 
shells
canvas
craft clue
paint brush or piece of cardboard

Steps:
-Wash and let shells dry completely
-Cover canvas (or piece of canvas if using something on the larger side) with thin layer of glue. Squeeze glue directly on canvas and use paint brush or a piece of cardboard to spread it out.
-Place shells in glue on canvas
-Let dry completely
-Hang on wall

I don't have any in the process photos, but here are a few closer ups of the finished ones (these are each 16" by 20" canvases).

Slipper Shells

Sand from Winter Island

Mussel Shells

1 comment:

  1. I love this project and the mosaics are beautiful! I will definitely try this myself. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete