Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feb. 7: Crochet Wrist Warmer

Why yes, the post title is not plural for a reason. Today I made one wrist warmer; the other will have to be made another day.

I bought this very soft yarn on sale yesterday and found this simple tutorial, http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2009/10/wrist-warmers.html.


My yarn was a little thicker than what was in the tutorial, so I used a 5.5 mm hook. Ok, really I did not follow the tutorial at all, but I did follow the basic idea. I made my wrist warmer 23 stitches across and about 6 1/2 inches tall (I didn't count how many rows that was). Also I simply used a single crochet stitch for the complete thing.


It turned out pretty tight on; I think I will add a few more stitches if I make another pair. However, I like how they fit tightly. The felt wrist warmers I made yesterday are a little loose around the wrist and were annoying me while I wore them earlier today. Right now my one wrist is very toasty, and I am not annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment