Saturday, February 4, 2012

Feb. 4: Tea Valentines

I love tea, and many of my friends also enjoy a good cup of tea. So, I created these fun Valentines to give or send to my tea loving buddies. 


I saw the idea of the heart shaped tea bag tag on Pinterest; you simply remove the original and replace it with a heart shaped one. The new tag can be attached to the string with a staple, or you can glue stick two hearts together with the string in the middle.


I decided the tea bags also needed a pretty cover. For the triangle tea bags, I sketched out a triangular pyramid template a little larger than the sides of the tea bag; you could probably also download a template online. I traced the template on the patterned paper, folded it to make the pyramid, and used a glue stick on the tabs to hold it together. Make sure to put the tea bag in the pyramid before gluing the last tab.




For the "regular" tea bags, I used the original wrapper as a template. I cut a rectangle of patterned paper a little larger than the original wrapper. I folded the rectangle into a little envelope and stapled the sides to hold it together; you could also glue it. Then I tucked the tea bag in the envelope, folded over the top of the envelope, and used a little glue stick to hold it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment