Monday, February 6, 2012

Feb. 6: Felt Wrist Warmers


I made a pair of fleece wrist warmers for my mom for Christmas. They turned out beautifully, and a big part of me wanted to keep them for myself. Then I saw a co-worker with a cool pair of shorter wrist warmers. I decided it was time to make myself a pair.


I followed the same directions as I did for Mom's, from The Purl Bee, http://www.purlbee.com/felted-wool-wrist-warmers/. However, this time I took lots of "short" cuts. The biggest difference is that I made them much shorter (I used one piece of 12' by 12' wool felt and cut it in half for my two pieces of felt). Also I did not hem the top and bottom of them (it is felt after all), and I did a much simpler stitching up the sides.


I will admit, the ones I did at Christmas time are much nicer; I wish I had a picture to show you, but these will do for what I wanted, a short pair of wrist warmers to wear around the house, especially while reading or typing. My hands always get cold then.

I did buy some nice cashmere yarn that was on sale at the store today, perhaps I can crochet a nicer pair out of that. Time to start the search for a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment