Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb. 16: Kale Chips and Good Will Finds

Of course it so happens that yesterday, the day of sun and 55 degree weather, I had to work all day, and today, the day of gray sky and drizzly rain, I do not.

How to cheer oneself up on such a day? My answer is... a trip to Good Will, an afternoon of reading, and a fresh, warm, yummy snack, kale chips.

First, Kale Chips:
Now, I know many people who would not agree with the yummy part, but I also know many people who would. So, I guess your stance on kale is either for or against. If you are for, you may enjoy these crispy "chips," and you will not feel guilty after consuming the whole "bag."


Easy Easy Recipe for Kale Chips


Ingredients:
- kale
- olive oil
- course salt

Instructions:
- remove center rib from kale leaves, discard ribs, wash and dry kale


- put kale in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, mix to coat evenly


- spread kale leaves out on baking sheet, in a single layer, and bake at 250 degrees for about 30 mins, until crispy and slightly browned


- Enjoy!

Second, Good Will Finds:
My fabric supply is beginning to run low, and I was wishing for some fun new prints to create with. However, and most unfortunate, and yet quite normal, my extra spending money is also running low. Luckily, a trip to Good Will and some lucky finds in the linens got me just what I wanted.




I found two sets of duvet covers and pillow cases, and some pretty little hankies. The green dots is a double size and the blue floral a single; the way I see it, them being duvet covers, with a few seam rips my fabric stash will double, or some of the stitching is already done, both win, win situations.

I already have a few ideas in my head for what they may become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment