Friday, February 3, 2012

Feb. 3: Quote Embroidery

Today I finished up this project for a new, little friend of ours.

I am by no means learned or skilled in embroidery. I just free hand, went at it, and hoped for the best; however you could, and I have in the past, draw out your design on paper and embroider through the paper and fabric, then remove the paper when finished. Your letter sizes would be more uniform and the lines of writing straighter, but I like the imperfect look and how it turned out.

I used a piece of blue felt for the fabric and when embroidering used two strands of white, brown, and yellow embroidery floss.

Again, being no expert in embroidery the back looks a mess but that is okay; I covered it up.


When finished embroidering, I cut the excess fabric in a circle about 1-2 inches larger than my hoop. I also cut a piece of card stock the size of my hoop.


I folded the excess fabric in on itself, using little dots of hot glue to hold it in place. I did not hot glue to the back of the embroidered part.


Lastly, I hot glued around the edge of the fabric/hoop to hold the paper circle to the back and added a little message to the recipient. I can't wait to meet him.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you got to meet him! (I didn't see this blog until today :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you did not see it earlier; excited to see you again soon.

      Delete