Monday, August 27, 2012

Fabric Wrapped Frames

Using an idea I saw on Pinterest, I decided to wrap some boring frames in fabric. You may remember these frames from my Framed Love Notes post; they were boring Dollar Store brown in color. Now, they are cheery and patterned and more lovely than ever. However, the pics are not all that great.



I started by tearing off several long strips to fabric. I tore them, so they have a frayed edge to them. You could also cut them with a straight or pinking sheers for a different look. I took the glass and paper out of the frame, glued  (I used hot glue) the end of one strip to the frame and started wrapping. Then I just kept wrapping; when one strip ended, I started another until I got around the frame. Glue the final end down, replace the glass and papers, and you are all set to hang your "new" frame on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment