Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 16: Spinach, Ham, and Cheesy Sauce Pasta


Truth 1: I believe pretty much everything tastes good with a cheesy sauce.
Truth 2: I put these ingredients together because they were pretty much all we had on hand.
Truth 3: It turned out delicious.

Cheesy Sauce
1-2 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoons flour
a little salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used cheddar)
a squirt of spicy brown mustard

Melt butter in saucepan, blend in flour, stirring until bubbly, using whisk to prevent lumps (or get out lumps when they inevitably happen), stir in milk, cook until smooth and desired thickness (cheese will make it even thicker), add cheese and mustard, heat and stir until melted.

For the pasta, spinach, and ham, well I cooked them all in one pot. Who doesn't love that. I boiled water and cooked pasta as recommended, during the last few minutes of pasta cooking, I added to the pot the spinach and ham so they would warm up as well.

Easy and more importantly, Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment