Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fried Rice


Fried rice is an easy dinner that can be made out of pretty much what ever you have in the fridge (and rice of course). I don't know if this is really how to make fried rice; I made it up. It is very similar to fried rice from the Chinese takeout place, so that works for me.

All that said, here is how I make fried rice.

Cook rice as usual, if I am short on time I do white, if I have time, I do brown.
I usually cook a cup of rice, sometimes double it if we need lots of lunches that week.

Saute whatever veggies you can find, this time, carrots and zucchini.

I also had some spinach that needed to be used,
 so I chopped that up to add towards the end of cooking.
Again, any veggies you would like.

Scramble some eggs; I usually do two but only had one egg left tonight.

Make a sauce. I use an easy stir-fry sauce from a recipe I found on-line.
Follow the link to check it out.
When it's all done, dump it together and mix and saute until combined.

Enjoy! 
Leftovers make great lunches.


No comments:

Post a Comment